Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Strolling Through My Hood....

For those of you who know me, it'll be of no surprise to you that I decided to 
take a leisurely stroll through our neighborhood tonight.
I decided that I was going to go out and take a little jog through the 'hood 
but then I realized that meant that I'd have to move at a pace faster than 
a crawl and that the response time of our paramedics hadn't been tested so
I opted to keep on my flip flops and wander no farther than three 
houses away in any one direction.
It didn't take walking too far before I realized that I'm surrounded by some really pretty sights that I've taken for granted over the past few years. I think that you just get so used to the things that you see every day that you forget to stop and take it all in sometimes. Today was a good reminder that I really should do that more often. 
It's pretty cool to me that every single one of these pictures was taken no more than three houses away and I can pretty much enjoy these sights any time that I want to. 
This stroll was a good reminder that we need to kick it up a few notches in our own yard! Thank you to our sweet friends and neighbors for making our neighborhood a nice place to call home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment